Wednesday 14 August 2013

Sundried Tomato Scones



So Monday’s baking was a disaster and in my post I wished that my mum could come to my rescue as she did when my baking went wrong at school. Well, ask and you will receive! 

I stayed at my parents last night and was greeted by a pile of scones my mum had made. She had too many and insisted that I bring them to work. Oh, ok then. Needless to say they were very well received; everyone thought that they rocked and that they were generally amazing. Someone broke out the saucisson and an impromptu picnic was underway. 

Ingredients
350g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
75g olive oil spread (I’m guessing you could use butter)
6 whole sundried tomatoes roughly chopped
2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary (or chuck in 1 tsp of dried)
150g fat free yogurt (full fat probably would be fine)
6 tbsp milk
2 tsp grated parmesan 

1.      Preheat the oven to 220°C/GM 7.
2.      Put flour, baking powder and olive spread in a food processer. Whizz until completed blended, then add the tomatoes and rosemary and whizz again.
3.      Put the mixture in a bowl and add the yogurt and 4 tbsp of the milk. Use a palette knife to bring it together into a soft dough (a spoon will work but make sure you don’t over mix – it’s a bringing together of ingredients and not a stir).
4.      Turn out the dough on to a floured surface and squish it out to a thickness of about 2cm. You could roll it out but if it squishes why create more washing up? Then use a 6cm cutter to make around 10 scones (re-using trimmings).
5.      Put on a baking tray, either non-stick or with greaseproof paper on, wash the tops with the remaining milk and bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment