Thursday 18 April 2013

Work Trifle


Not really baking but exciting none the less. A company came to present to us at work and left us a Swiss roll (it had some vital symbolic importance to the meeting which was lost on me as I wasn’t in it). I casually mentioned that you could make trifle with it and the plan went from there. All you need for trifle is the basic ingredients, hot water and a fridge so you can make it at work!

It’s not the best trifle in the world but with a bit of practise I think making trifle at work could seriously kick off.

Ingredients

Swiss roll
Jelly – we did two layers but you don’t need to
Fruit – if you have it. My work is nice and we get it for free.
Custard – ready made of course
Whipped cream – from a can
Flake

1.    Cut the Swiss roll up and put a layer of it in the bottom of your container. See what you have around the office to use. Chuck some fruit on top.
2.    Make the jelly as per instructions and pour jelly over the Swiss roll (and fruit). Let it set. I think that strawberry is best for this layer as it works well with cake.
3.    Now we added another layer of jelly at this point but you don’t have to. If I do it again like this I’d put the fruit in this layer. If you do pour on top, making sure the mixture if fairly cold so it doesn’t melt the first layer, and let set.
4.    Put custard on the top and let it set a bit (we didn’t as we wanted to eat it but probably worth it).
5.    Decorate with squirty cream and flake.



No comments:

Post a Comment